Sunday, August 24, 2008

Denver or Bust!

Sunday morning I set out to Union Station to grab the Fly-away to LAX for my 10:40 am flight. I wasn't too surprised to see several people I knew at the airport, all on our way to Denver. I traveled with my good friends and former LACYD Executive Board Member Jim Kennedy.

Here's a photo of me checking in for the flight ...


And here's a photo of Jim! (Breakfast of champions!)



Having been to the Convention in Boston (but not as a delegate), I knew that we were in for what would be a very busy, incredibly exciting week. But with 7-10 things happen every day in addition to the regular convention procedures, I actually put together a full binder to keep track of the events and parties...



There was a great energy on the plane and in the airport. People with Obama shirts and buttons, Democrats talking about Biden as the VP choice or comparing notes on where they are staying or what their plans are in Denver.

Even just looking at my friends' Facebook status updates, I could tell that Denver would be packed with people I knew. Over half of my friends status included the word "Denver" and either "in" or "going to" with a few sad "wish I were going to" notes added in.

I think that Obama would have been smart to give away luggage tags with his logo on them for donations -- with the number of people from across the nation and the world who will be attending the convention, he could have made a killing!

Other than a few minutes of the worst turbulence I think I've ever experienced, the flight was uneventful and we arrived in Denver... Ready to help elect Barack Obama as the NEXT PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES!

No comments: