Sunday, August 24, 2008

Sunday Afternoon LA Electeds Sightings

The positive and energetic atmosphere in Denver is contagious. Everywhere you go, there are people you know - Democratic activists, labor leaders and elected officials.

Even as I stepped into the Sheraton, I ran into Congressmember Diane Watson, Senator Alex Padilla*, Assemblymember Lori Saldana and Assemblymember Mike Davis.

A few minutes later I ran into Council President Eric Garcetti, and later Councilmembers Wendy Greuel and Janice Hahn with him. Later I saw Councilmembers Bernard Parks and Tony Cardenas and Mayor Villaraigosa.

Los Angeles is out in force!

* I know that Sen. Padilla is on an AM flight back to Sacramento on Monday, so he can get back in time for floor session ... never a break for the Legislature! (And I'm sorry to miss all my other friends who got stuck in Sacto because of the budget impass ...)

No comments: